28 March 2024

From the moment you arrive, you’ll be greeted by the tantalising aromas of traditional Middle Eastern cuisine wafting through the air, enticing you to sample a diverse range of delectable dishes. With so many good stalls to visit, the question is where to start!

The Sydney Royal Easter Show first started in 1823, and is Australia’s yearly largest ticketed event with over 828,000 attendees across twelve days. There is a combination of agricultural demonstrations like the petting zoo, sheep show and alpaca shearing, as well as the exhilarating rodeos, motocross and show jumping which makes the show so enjoyable and memorable.

For those with a fiery competitive spirit, the show also hosts many competitions, including cookery, arts and crafts, baking, as well as tests of strength and skill such as wood chopping.

Though the incredible program at the Show is enough to make you hit a week’s worth of steps just in a few hours, it was the sparkling fireworks at night and the rides with my friends were the star of the Easter Show for me. It was more like a carnival than a show for me because of the extravagancy the show holds.  There were stalls to buy Easter goodies and over 100 showbags to choose from (the hardest part is picking which one, or two, or a few to purchase!).

The food stalls had some amazing tornado potatoes, cotton candy and hotdogs which were quickly devoured by me and my friends. As someone who’s from South-East Asia, the festivities for the Easter Show were for sure eye catching for me.

It was most definitely a one-of-kind festival event for both my friends and I.

Thank you to Chrisella Laiskodat (Diploma student) for sharing her story with us.

Got a story you’re itching to tell?

Remembered a moment during your student days that will resonates with other students?

Want to brush up on your creative writing and comprehensive skills for your professional portfolio?

Feel like leaving your mark within the UNSW College community?

We want to hear from you!

Email the “In The Know” editor Vivian He at [email protected] and pitch your student experience story for a chance to get featured on the website and in our next issue.

« »

Need Help?

If you require any assistance please contact us by clicking the link below.